It’s Advertising Week here in New York, but if you’re looking for some comedy, performances, or some tech-related events, here are few suggestions:
- DL21C-Inside the Tea Party, w/NY Times’ Kate Zernike, Politico’s Ben Smith: Tuesday night, 7 PM, Retreat Bar & Lounge (Politco’s Smith moderates a discussion on the Tea Party movement.)
- Get Off Your Knees w/Wyatt Cenac & Kristen Schaal: Tuesday night, 8 PM, Southpaw (The Daily Show’s Cenac headlines this night of comedy at the show’s new venue.)
- Neal Medlyn’s Brave New Girl: Wednesday night, 8 PM, The Chocolate Factory (Performance artist Medlyn presents a “Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Epic,” part two of a Britney Spears/Hanna Montana extravaganza.)
- The Rejection Show: Wednesday night, 8 PM, The Upright Citizens Brigade Theater (Join host Jon Friedman for an evening of some of NYC’s “finest comedians and writers sharing their best rejected material.”)
- DigitalFlashNYC Productions Presents Popsci Live: Thursday night, 6:30 PM, Location 05 Studios (Part of Advertising Week, Popular Science Deputy Editor Jake Ward will be on hand to discuss the latest electronics and what they mean for the future of media.)
- Electric! Now at Arlene’s Grocery: Thursday night, 8 PM, Arlene’s Grocery (Comedians Adira Amram and Becky Yamamoto host an evening of comedy no longer in Chinatown.)
For a full list of Advertising Week-related events, you should check out the official calendar on the event’s website here.
As always, if you’re wondering if I’m going, please feel free to ask. As I hear about others (Suggestions are always welcome), I’ll tweet about them here and hashtag them “ConsortiumList”. Hope to see you at one of these!