After a brief, one-week absence, here a few ideas about how to enjoy your time after work this week:
- Book Launch Party for TJ Walker: Tuesday night, 5:30 PM, TJ Walker Speaking Headquarters (Celebrate the publication of Walker’s new book How to Give a Pretty Good Presentation.)
- Gawker.TV’s Television Trivia Night: Tuesday night, 7 PM, Destination Bar (Come get your TV trivia fix with MC Kirk Larsen and music by DJ Frankenmack.)
- Get Off Your Knees: Tuesday night, 8 PM, The Bell House (This week’s edition of the comedy show will feature Chris Gethard from The Chris Gethard Show and Variety’s “Ten Comics to Watch.”)
- First Wednesday August: Wednesday night, 7 PM, Olives at W Union Square (Network with other interactive advertising professionals in the restaurant’s lounge area on the hotel’s ground floor.)
- Beasties Book Release Party: Thursday night, 7 PM, Powerhouse Arena (Ask author Diana Schoenbrun about making “22 mischievous [stuffed] monsters that go bump in the night” and catch a special music performance by The Debutante Hour.)
As always, if you’re wondering if I’m going, please feel free to ask. As I hear about others (Suggestions are always welcome), I’ll tweet about them here and hashtag them “ConsortiumList”. Hope to see you at one of these!